The Humber is a great place to start or grow a business. We are working to ensure that businesses can access the support and finance they need to grow, create jobs and take advantage of new investment opportunities.
- Invested more than £25m from the Regional Growth Fund through our Growing the Humber programme, supporting nearly 200 businesses to create 2,200 new jobs
- Secured a £4m extension to the Growing the Humber programme through the Humber Growth Deal, enabling us to support more businesses to grow between 2015 and 2017
- Introduced our Business Growth Hub, a one-stop portal for finding out about local and national business support
- Supported more companies to grow through our Business Loan Fund
- Set up regular engagement forums with businesses, business support organisations and professional services groups
- Formed a new digital sector group to promote the development of the Humber’s digital economy – ranked 8th nationally for growth
- Promoted the Humber as the UK’s Energy Estuary in the UK and Europe
- Supported companies to access new international markets and win new business through trade missions and shows
- Secured Assisted Area status for more areas in the Humber
- Initiated work on developing an innovation strategy
Our work in this area is led by our Business Development Board.