Better Business for All (BBfA) is a partnership approach to developing a stronger relationship between businesses, local regulators and business support agencies. The overall aim of the Humber BBfA partnership is to support economic growth by making it easier to do business in the Humber region.
The partnership achieves this by supporting compliance and helping remove regulatory barriers. The work of the partnership was recognised in 2019 by being runner up in the National Regulatory Excellence Awards held in London. More recently, the partnership is leading research work on looking at new ways to effectively engage with SME businesses using digital technologies including virtual exhibitions.
BBfA fits with the current Government agenda and the business support landscape in the following ways:
- To move to a sustainable delivery model funded by locally-raised resources, thereby driving regulatory services to find ways of introducing further efficiency and consider opportunities to generate income. BBfA provides a mechanism for working together towards this goal.
- The LEP is a route to generating local solutions to local needs and is therefore an ideal vehicle by which to deliver the BBfA programme.
- Being part of the Growth Hub will assist in embedding regulatory services as a key business support function and part of the wider business support solution. This is part of the BBfA ethos.
This action-focused partnership is made up of local authority regulatory services and economic development, and representatives including but not limited to:
- East Riding of Yorkshire Council
- Hull City Council
- North East Lincolnshire Council
- North Lincolnshire Council
- Humber Local Enterprise Partnership and it’s Growth Hub (LEP)
- Chamber of Commerce
- Federation of Small Businesses
- Humberside Fire Services
If you would like anymore information on BBfA please contact Business Development Manager Phil Glover at email@example.com or call 01482 485262.
 And as work progresses could include other regulatory functions including Planning and Building Control