To provide strategic direction for marketing, international trade, promotion and investment activity, with the objective of promoting the Humber as the preferred location for businesses wishing to expand and grow and thereby creating growth of the Humber economy and attracting new jobs and investment to the region.
- To secure a “buy-in” from partners to promote a shared Humber narrative emphasising the Energy Estuary message:
- Maximising the opportunities to attract “Energy” related industries to the region, building on our approach to create the Humber as the Energy Estuary of UK
- Identifying opportunities to promote the Humber Enterprise Zone to potential investors.
- Ensuring that the Humber offer is well represented within Northern Powerhouse propositions, events and showcases.
- To bring together key partners in the public and private sector to facilitate better co-ordination of resources and activity promoting the Humber offer within the UK and overseas.
- To work with other agencies including Bondholders to ensure that communications and marketing activity effectively promotes key messages about the Humber region, based around the Energy Estuary opportunity.
- To facilitate and support joint activity to promote the region, including but not limited to external Humber trade missions to highlight and promote the Humber offer and exhibition presences at key events to promote the Humber
- To support the delivery of the Humber LEP’s inward investment service for potential investors to the region
- To work with partners to raise the awareness and opportunities of trading internationally amongst local businesses and work with the Department for International Trade and other to raise the exporting capacity within the local business community
- To encourage exporting building on the work of the Department for International Trade and developing collateral of the markets and sectors that provide the best opportunities for companies in the Humber to grow.
- To promote the ambassadorial role to the wider businesses and key leaders to deliver the message of the Humber.
- Chair and Vice Chairs will be appointed by the LEP Board
- Up to 9 Private sector representatives
- Options to co-opt other members particularly from the key operators at the Humber Estuary
How the Board will operate
- The Board will operate in a business-like, non-bureaucratic fashion.
- Meetings will be held monthly, to be reviewed after the first year.
- The normal duration of meetings will be two hours.
- Board members will conduct themselves according to the Nolan Principles (Appendix I).
- Board members with personal, commercial or financial interests in any agenda items will declare them at the relevant points on the agenda and not participate in votes on those items.
- The Vice Chair will chair meetings in the Chair’s absence. In the absence of both the Chair and the Vice Chair, a vote will be held to choose a chair for the meeting.
- Where a vote is required, this will be through a simple majority with a casting vote for the Chair. Co-opted members will not have a vote.
- The quorum for meetings shall be 5 members.
- Draft minutes will be distributed within one week of the Board meeting.
- Meeting agendas, papers and minutes are to be circulated to members in advance of the meeting.
- Board meetings are confined to Board members and the LEP secretariat except for external presenters and observers which have been agreed with the Chairman in advance.
- Minutes of Board meetings will be made available on the LEP’s website once approved.
- Urgent decisions required from the Board may be taken by electronic communication in between meetings, with the same requirements for quorum and declarations of interest as above.