The purpose of the Forum is to provide improved real time information from recruiters on job roles that are hard to fill in the Humber region, which will in turn identify skills gaps and inform skills funding decisions.
The Forum will:
- Create an informed and consistent message regarding skills gaps, providing qualitative information regarding the recruitment needs of the region. This information will be reported at an appropriate level without compromising individual recruiters or stakeholders.
- Help the LEP identify gaps in skills and jobs. This will include sector specific issues that can be addressed in partnership, maximising resource where possible.
- Work with the LEP to identify solutions to meet those gaps.
- Share information, recognising the commercial sensitivity of discussions.
- Consider opportunities to develop mechanisms that support local people into local jobs, linking with existing partners, other LEP groups and supportive agencies.
- Explore emerging themes which may influence and inform the LEP’s future decision making process.
The Talent Forum meets at least quarterly and feeds directly into the Employment and Skills Board.
You can view the Terms of Reference for this group here; tor-for-recruiters-forum