Excellent infrastructure is essential for businesses to grow. We are working with local authorities, Government and the private sector to invest in the Humber’s infrastructure to support growth.
- Flood defences to protect over 58,000 properties and enable 6,000 new homes to be built
- Major housing developments in Hull and North Lincolnshire
- Infrastructure works to enable development in our Enterprise Zone, the largest in the country
- Electrifying the rail line between Hull and the East Coast Main Line, and increasing the gauge from the South Humber ports
- Road improvements to alleviate congestion and open up new development sites
- City and town centre regeneration in Hull, Grimsby, Cleethorpes, Scunthorpe and Bridlington
More information on our major infrastructure projects is available in our Growth Deal pages.
Our Single Conversation pilot also helps to smooth the process for major developments around the Humber Estuary.