The Humber Energy Academy will provide Humber-wide provision for new/ existing engineers to support the de-carbonisation agenda.
- A hub and spoke model to support partner providers and the wider provider-network to build capability/capacity to deliver modern methods of construction and engineers to work with new technologies.
- Addresses skills shortages and labour shortages in key skill areas within the region
- It will deliver a minimum of 372 trained learners including 90 FE, 57 apprentices and upskilling for 225 employed staff
- It will focus on creating ‘Green Engineers’ versed in the clean technologies identified has having the most impact on decarbonisation (Economics Low Carbon Cities 2012) – Mini Turbines, Biomass Boiler’s, Photovoltaic, Air and Ground Source Heat Pumps, Energy Management and Heat Recovery Systems.
- It will also showcase green technology working with key manufacturers (including Ideal Standard, Baxi) to support employers understanding what is required to meet local carbon reduction targets.
- By providing both the green engineering skills and innovative low-carbon equipment, the project will support targeted industrial improvements in energy usage/efficiency. These will extend to operations and maintenance, process improvements, digital, motors and drives and building energy design and management.
- 712m² of new/refurbished training facilities to increase capacity
January 6, 2020 - August 31, 2020
DN Colleges Group
Airco, Airco House, Goulton Street, Hull HU3 4DL
(Central HEA Hub). This has been used for the map.
North Lindsey College, Kingsway, Scunthorpe DN17 1AJ
CATCH, Redwood Park Estate, Stallingborough DN41 8TH
|TOTAL PROJECT EXPENDITURE||£603,925.00|
|Private Spend||£ 83,000.00||£0|
|Area of new build training/learning floor space (m2)||712||0|
|Level 2 qualifications achieved||50||0|
|Level 3 qualifications achieved||40||0|
|16-18 Intermediate Apprenticeships||35||0|
|16-18 Advanced Apprenticeships||22||0|
|Other learners supported||225||0|
Business case approved
All locations are approximate.