The scope of the project is to improve highway access to Humberside International Airport from the Strategic Road Network to facilitate future development and expansion at the airport. The scheme will unlock 20 hectares of allocated employment land at the airport.
This project will deliver the preferred option which includes:
- Replacement of the priority junction at Humberside Airport main access with a roundabout;
- Replacement of the priority junction at Barnetby Top with a roundabout;
- Widen Caistor Road.
The overarching problem which is limiting the attractiveness of Humberside Airport for further development is the poor connectivity of the airport to the strategic highway network at the A180/A18/M180 Barnetby Interchange. Whilst this is a relatively short section of highway, it is in need of improvement. The main issues and constraints are:
- Junction capacity at the airport access;
- Link geometry of Caistor Road; and,
January 1, 2015 - February 9, 2017
North Lincolnshire Council
Humberside International Airport & A18
Total Project Cost: £3,362,000
- LGF Spend:
- Contracted: 1,730,000
- Achieved: 201517 – £1,730,000
- Public Spend:
- Contracted: £1,632,000
- Achieved: 2015/17 – £1,632,000
No recorded outputs.
Business case approved
All locations are approximate.