This project aims to increase the economic opportunities for people living and working within the Westcliff community of Scunthorpe, an area experiencing high levels of deprivation and social inequality.
The local growth fund will contribute to the delivery of the managed space for business start ups within the Enterprise Hub. The Hub will be a two storey building managed by a social enterprise and will comprise:
- Training rooms, IT suite, to enable the delivery of job clubs, training, support and personal development
- Managed space for business start ups including fully equipped managed office space, hot-desking, meeting rooms, training facilities and administrative service for located businesses to utilise.
- Training kitchen with 4 work stations
- Community cafe and library provision
- Flexible youth service space 250sqm
- Pre-school unit 80sqm
- Office space
The funding will assist in the transformation of the area and increase the opportunity and potential of the local population to benefit from the overall economic growth in North Lincolnshire.
January 2, 2016 - July 5, 2020
North Lincolnshire Council
Westcliff, Scunthorpe, DN17 1PS
Total Project Cost: £3,424,000
- LGF Spend:
- Contracted: £550,000
- Achieved: 2015/17 – 0
- Achieved: 2017/18 – £550,000
- Public Spend:
- Contracted: £2,874,000
- Achieved: 2015/17 – £361,040
- Achieved: 2017/18 – £2,122,250
- Achieved: 2018/19 – £156,972
Business case approved
CompletedView project homepage
All locations are approximate.